Saturday, May 2, 2009

I am in Shame

Yesterday I got home from work around noon, as usual. I ate some lunch, then thought I'd get in a nice nap so I'll be good and rested when Game 1 of the Ducks/Redwings Western Conference Semifinals starts.

What a nap! I woke up at 6:30. I freshened up and positioned myself in front of the TV and started looking for the game. Hmm. Not on Versus, not on Prime...and why is the Boston/Carolina game on? I guess it makes sense, that game is in the 3rd, so when it's over, the Ducks will be on.

I quickly checked the FiOs TV schedule, and there's no game. What gives?

I dark, cold feeling swept over my body. It can't be. Did I just miss the game? Oh no! The shame of it...AND the Ducks lost by one goal. Maybe they needed just one more fan to keep them in the game.

How will I ever live this down?

Tomorrow? Don't worry, I'm all over it. 11am!


Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/philhulett
Subscribe to this blog: click Here

1 comment:

  1. OH how dare you?! Just kidding!

    You missed some big stuff, and I'm sure you've seen it all.

    But if that shamed offer of giving up your ring still exists...my offer of taking it off your hands still exists! :)

    I'll be cheering with you tomorrow at 11am! GO DUCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete