Thursday, June 11, 2009

So You Think You Can...Shut Up

My daughters were watching Fox TV's "So You Think You Can Dance?" last night. The funniest think was happening. Every time a dance team would finish their routine, and the attention would turn to the judges opinions of what just happened, my daughters would mute the volume when it was Mary Murphy's turn to offer opinion. As soon as Murphy was done, they would turn the volume back on.

I asked my daughters why they were doing this, and the best way I can explain their answers is, they are violently annoyed by Murphy.

Murphy has apparently become known for delivering an ear-piercing scream whenever she's happy about something. But, according to my girls, Murphy has so much more to offer, in a not-so-good way.

Are my daughters alone in their opinion of Murphy, or are the ranks of people who run, figuratively screaming, from the Murphy voice increasing?

If you haven't made up your mind yet, here's your chance. Watch the video below.





Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/philhulett
Subscribe to this blog: click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment